We believe in the following principles:
- Every young person has the ability, and right to achieve.
- Every young person has the right to develop their aspirations and broaden their options for success and happiness in life.
- Exploring culture and heritage is essential for deepening knowledge and understanding of the world and your place in it.
- Cost effective outcomes for young people are achieved through collaboration with committed businesses whose volunteers are key in providing children with exciting, practical experiences they may not otherwise have.
- Celebrating local people, family and community networks is just as important as encouraging young people to be socially mobile.
- Projects should extol the value of caring for the environment and should use materials and processes that cause least harm to it.